LimAfrica Agrisolutions is a youth-owned venture, empowering livelihood improvement for smallholder farmers through agricultural uptake. LimAfrica is currently working with smallholder farmers in the counties of western Kenya (Homa Bay, Kisumu, Siaya, and Migori) through input provision, market linkages, agricultural extension service deliveries, training, and technological dissemination to empower them for food security. The target value chains are staples (maize, rice, and sunflower), high-value horticulture, and poultry.

Market Opportunity/ Problem

Kenya Poultry Farmers Association projects an increase in the consumption of chicken meat from the current 50k metric tons to 160k metric tons by 2030 ( KEPOFA , 2016). Western Kenya’s target market has a population of 10m people who consume approximately 400k chickens daily. Local farmers produce 30% of the daily consumption, with the remaining 70% imported from neighboring countries such as Uganda.

Company Information

Years of operation


Type of organization

Private company

Stage of the business

Growth stage

Agribusiness focus

Primary production

Agriculture value chain(s) focus?


Primary country of operation


Other country(ies) of operation


How many employees does your business have?


Does the business have more than 30% women ownership?


Does the business have more than 30% youth ownership (under 35 years)?


Financing and expansion overview

How much capital is the company currently fundraising (US$)?


What is the split between equity and debt?

50% debt and 50% equity
Scroll to Top

How to engage

Please reach out to us on for any queries or support. The SMEs can be reached directly through the unique link found on their company profile page.